Customer/Employee Narrative

                                            Customer Experience:
I started my shopping experience off with one thing in mind and that was to find a new outfit for an upcoming event. When walking around the mall I spotted a structure from across the way. There was this tall elegant sculpture that was lighted from all angles so of course my curious soul brought me closer. Upon arriving I saw that there were two structures woven into each other to form this elegant loop pattern at the top. The free standing kiosk was open on the sides so looking in I could see there were displays with merchandise. Naturally I wanted to explore the space so I walked in. The lady told me that it was a gender fluid tie shop and that if I needed help to ask. It was a unique shopping experience. I think that the structures that outlined the space were the true focal point because although they are simple they helped in a big way by grounding the space. There were few displays on the floor and ties hanging off of wire racks. One side was more of a feminine and the other had a more masculine feel but in the middle was a mix. There was a mix of materials as well but the main attraction on the displays was the ties since that was the product being sold. There were mirrors to see yourself in the product and then when It was time to check out the lady had a small iPad which she used. I was pleased with my experience and came out with a new tie for my event.

                                         Employee Experience:

After many cups of coffee and a small breakfast I was ready to take on the work day. I work a a tie kiosk located in the mall and I like my job because I’m providing people with a product they are pleased with. My morning starts off by arriving at the stand. It is a unique one with standing structures coming out from all angles and meeting at the top to create this loop like motion. All the displays are kept underneath and each day I had to unlock them and move them into place. Basically they all fit into each other like a Tetris game and then they can be locked up for security at night. Inside is the iPad used to check people out and I have to move the displays into their spots which are indicated by marks on the floor. During the day I just help customers and make sure their shopping experience is up to par. At the end of the night I just have to organize and clean up and then move the displays back together and lock them up.



Things needed to make the kiosk work: display systems, spot light, register/payment system, lighting, a way to lock up the displays and merchandise, and a small space to store the employees valuables.
        

Comments

  1. Will there be extra merchandise you need storage for? How about shopping bags/boxes for the ties? I'm excited to see the way you develop the design of the displays to be locked and unlocked

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kiosk Study

Window Display Case Study